Grilled Tropical Fruit Shortcake
A warm summer dessert made with pineapple, mango, bananas and strawberries grilled to enhance their sweetness then served over slices of grilled pound cake and topped with creamy Reddi-wip
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped crystallized ginger
- PAM® Grilling Spray
- 1 firm mango, peeled, pitted and cut into twelve 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, cored, cut crosswise into eight 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 large fresh strawberries, tops removed (12 large = about 8 oz)
- 1 large firm banana, cut into 8 pieces
- 4 slices pound cake, each 1-inch thick
- Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping
- Combine water, sugar, lime peel, lime juice and ginger in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and cool completely. Reserve 1/4 cup syrup and set aside.
- Spray cold grate of outdoor grill with grilling spray. Prepare grill for medium-low heat.
- Place mango, pineapple, strawberries and banana in large bowl. Pour remaining syrup over fruit; stir lightly to coat. Thread fruit alternately on 4 metal or heavy wooden skewers. Discard remaining syrup in bowl.
- Grill kabobs 6 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning once. Brush pound cake slices with some of reserved syrup. Grill 4 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning once.
- Place each pound cake slice on a dessert plate. Remove fruit from skewers. Top each slice evenly with grilled fruit. Drizzle with remaining reserved syrup. Top each shortcake with a serving of Reddi-wip. Serve immediately.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||11 g||18%|
|Saturated fat||6 g||30%|
|Dietary fiber||3 g||12%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.