Grilled Tropical Fruit Shortcake
A warm summer dessert made with pineapple, mango, bananas and strawberries grilled to enhance their sweetness then served over slices of grilled pound cake and topped with creamy Reddi-wip
Prep Time (minutes)
Total Time (minutes)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped crystallized ginger
- PAM® Grilling Spray
- 1 firm mango, peeled, pitted and cut into twelve 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, cored, cut crosswise into eight 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 large fresh strawberries, tops removed (12 large = about 8 oz)
- 1 large firm banana, cut into 8 pieces
- 4 slices pound cake, each 1-inch thick
- Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping
- Combine water, sugar, lime peel, lime juice and ginger in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and cool completely. Reserve 1/4 cup syrup and set aside.
- Spray cold grate of outdoor grill with grilling spray. Prepare grill for medium-low heat.
- Place mango, pineapple, strawberries and banana in large bowl. Pour remaining syrup over fruit; stir lightly to coat. Thread fruit alternately on 4 metal or heavy wooden skewers. Discard remaining syrup in bowl.
- Grill kabobs 6 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning once. Brush pound cake slices with some of reserved syrup. Grill 4 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning once.
- Place each pound cake slice on a dessert plate. Remove fruit from skewers. Top each slice evenly with grilled fruit. Drizzle with remaining reserved syrup. Top each shortcake with a serving of Reddi-wip. Serve immediately.
Submit a Review (* Required Field)
Thank You for Submitting a Review
We appreciate your feedback!
|Amount per Serving
| || ||% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.