Gingered Fresh Strawberry Shortcake
Crystallized ginger brings new life to drop biscuits topped with fresh strawberries and Reddi-wip
- 3 cups Ultragrain® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Parkay® Original-stick, cut into pieces (3/4 cup = 1-1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 2-1/2 pints sliced fresh strawberries (2-1/2 pints = 5 cups)
- Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine flour, ginger, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Cut chilled Parkay into flour mixture using pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add buttermilk and stir until evenly moistened. Using 1/3 cup dough for each biscuit, drop onto parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing 2-inches apart. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- Cut biscuits in half horizontally just before serving. Place 1/2 cup strawberries on each biscuit bottom. Top with dollop of Reddi-wip and angle top half of biscuit to side of each serving. Dust each with confectioners? sugar.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||12 g||18%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||10%|
|Dietary fiber||4 g||15%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.