Berry Patriotic Pie
A cream cheese filling topped with cooked strawberries and fresh blueberries in a baked pastry crust
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat (2%) milk
- 1 baked pastry shell (9-inch), cooled
- Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Slice enough of the strawberries to measure 2 cups. Halve remaining strawberries; set aside. Combine sliced strawberries, granulated sugar and 3 tablespoons of the water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 3 minutes.
- Mix the remaining 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch until blended in small bowl. Add to strawberry mixture; mix well. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in strawberry halves. Cover and cool 30 minutes without stirring.
- Beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and milk in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Spread onto bottom of pastry shell. Top with strawberry mixture; cover. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Cut pie into 8 slices. Completely cover each slice with Reddi-wip and blueberries just before serving.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||18 g||27%|
|Saturated fat||8 g||38%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||7%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating and review for this recipe. Please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.