Fresh Strawberry Tart
Fresh glazed strawberries fill a sweet-and-crunchy cookie crust
Hands On:30 | Total: 360 | Makes: 10 servings (1 slice each)
1 pkg (18 oz each) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 pound fresh strawberries
3/4 cup granulated sugar
5 tablespoons water, divided
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut dough into thin slices; arrange on bottom and 1 inch up side of 9-inch springform pan. Press dough slices together to form solid crust. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely. Carefully remove crust from pan; place on serving plate. Set aside.
- Slice enough strawberries to measure 2 cups. Remove tops from remaining strawberries; set aside. Combine sliced strawberries, the sugar and 3 tablespoons of the water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 3 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and the remaining 2 tablespoons water in small bowl until well blended. Add to sliced strawberry mixture; mix well. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Add whole strawberries; toss to coat. Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or until set. Cut into 10 slices. Top each slice with a serving of Reddi-wip just before serving.
10 servings (1 slice each) Calories 326; Total Fat 12 g(Saturated Fat 3 g); Cholesterol 17 mg; Sodium 240 mg;
Carbohydrate 53 g; (Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 29 g); Protein 3 g;
Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 1%; Vitamin C 40%; Calcium 5%; Iron 6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to Remove Crust from Pan: Bake and cool crust as directed. Carefully run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen crust from side of pan; remove rim of pan. Carefully run knife under crust to loosen crust from bottom of pan; remove crust from pan. Place on serving plate; set aside.
Brought To You By ConAgra Foods(R)