Berry Patriotic Pie
A cream cheese filling topped with cooked strawberries and fresh blueberries in a baked pastry crust
Hands On:45 | Total: 285 | Makes: 8 servings (1 slice each)
1 pound fresh strawberries
3/4 cup granulated sugar
5 tablespoons water, divided
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon reduced fat (2%) milk
1 baked pastry shell (9-inch), cooled
Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Slice enough of the strawberries to measure 2 cups. Halve remaining strawberries; set aside. Combine sliced strawberries, granulated sugar and 3 tablespoons of the water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 3 minutes.
- Mix the remaining 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch until blended in small bowl. Add to strawberry mixture; mix well. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in strawberry halves. Cover and cool 30 minutes without stirring.
- Beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and milk in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Spread onto bottom of pastry shell. Top with strawberry mixture; cover. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Cut pie into 8 slices. Completely cover each slice with Reddi-wip and blueberries just before serving.
8 servings (1 slice each) Calories 349; Total Fat 18 g(Saturated Fat 8 g); Cholesterol 32 mg; Sodium 215 mg;
Carbohydrate 45 g; (Dietary Fiber 2 g, Sugars 31 g); Protein 4 g;
Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 52%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Brought To You By ConAgra Foods(R)