Fresh Fruit Custard Tart
A rich-tasting vanilla custard baked in a pastry crust then topped with fresh fruit - easy and good-for-you!
Hands On:30 | Total: 180 | Makes: 8 servings (1 slice each)
1 refrigerated pie crust (1 crust = 1/2 of 15 oz pkg)
1 cup Egg Beaters® Original (1 cup = 8 oz)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups fat free milk
2 cups assorted fresh fruit (such as blueberries, sliced strawberries and/or peaches)
Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place pie crust in 9-inch pie plate, pressing crust firmly into bottom and up sides of plate. Flute edge.
- Beat Egg Beaters, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with wire whisk until blended. Gradually beat in milk until combined. Place pastry shell in oven. Carefully pour filling into prepared crust. Bake 40 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Chill until firm, about 2 hours. Arrange fruit on top.
- Cut pie into 8 slices. Top each slice with a serving of Reddi-wip just before serving, if desired.
8 servings (1 slice each) Calories 205; Total Fat 7 g(Saturated Fat 3 g); Cholesterol 5 mg; Sodium 225 mg;
Carbohydrate 30 g; (Dietary Fiber 0 g, Sugars 17 g); Protein 6 g;
Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 16%; Vitamin C 14%; Calcium 8%; Iron 3%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
For a glazed mixed fruit topping, combine 1/3 cup orange marmalade and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar in microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 20 seconds. Toss with 3 cups assorted fresh fruit. Place fruit mixture over chilled custard and serve immediately.
Brought To You By ConAgra Foods(R)